Member Services: The Foreign Employment Suitability Test
A short/ long term working experience overseas builds up the professional growth of an employee to a completely different level. Short-term overseas assignments are more popular among the skilled and experienced knowledge workers through their existing employers in India. These workers usually travel overseas on knowledge transfer projects, bound by an intricate employment contract.
But there is a twist in the tale for a different section of applications. The job applications of Freelancers and Consultants, .i.e., those who are adept in their required skill-sets and carry a good work experience but are not bound to an employment contract with a specific employer, are often rejected. They are considered unemployable and/or inexperienced in the required line of work by the foreign employers. This fear of rejection leads to frequent resume fraud.
Therefore, evaluating and assessing the authenticity of the working profile of the candidate becomes mandatory.
In order to comply with the credentials and concerns of both the employer and the employee, NOSTOPS has introduced the ‘Foreign Employment Suitability Test’.
The Foreign Employment Suitability Test -
- determines a job seeker’s suitability for a specified foreign employment
- calculates and scales the aptitude and attitude of the prospective job-seeker
- performs a psychometric analysis of the forthcoming job seeker’s personality and conducts an overall assessment of the candidate’s abilities
- serves as a screening of the pre- employment candidate
- enables Foreign employers to have greater clarity over their prospective employee
- saves the time and trouble of the foreign employers
- authenticates information for respective government authorities who sanction the work visas of the applicants.
Please read our interview in CNN news (Feb 2014), to understand the need for the Foreign Employment Suitability Test – ‘Indian Hustle: How Fraudsters Prey on Would-be US Tech Workers